CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Cake and Announcement!!!

My niece, Emily's, birthday is the day after mine.  We celebrated them at my parent's house and I asked to make the cake.  Since she and I are princesses I wanted to make a castle cake.  I thought this one up in my head and it somewhat worked like I wanted. 

I don't remember all the details of making this cake, but I think I just made a 9x13 cake and then cut it into a square.  I used the pieces I cut off to make the towers.  Sugar cones were the tops of the towers, graham cracker door, Starburst "stones" and the little decorating pebbles for the accents.  It tried to swoosh the frosting to make it look textured.

I then added a Princess Brittney and Princess Emily to the top of the cake!!!
I also used this cake to announce that I was pregnant with my last baby, Oakley.  I sat a Barbie baby by the feet of my Princess doll.  My niece, Sydney asked why there was a baby on the cake and I just shrugged.  She put it together and then all my nieces started screaming.  It was a great way to announce it!!!


1 comments:

Ali

It's perfect!! I am so proud of you!! The name is awesome!! I can't wait to see my cake on it.....that was awesome!! You are the BOMB!! love ya

Post a Comment